The College’s Pre-Apprenticeships & Trades Program integrates a Year 11 and/or Year 12 VCE VM qualification with up to two VET certificates in each year. Students study the literacy and numeracy skills required for their chosen industry specialisation. Students also gain a White Card and complete Structured Work Placements with industry giving NCAT graduates a real edge in the workforce.
The program provides year 11 and 12 students with proven pathways into a broad range of trades, through hands-on experience and a unique package of qualifications that employers will appreciate. Students elect one of four streams:
– Plumbing & Engineering,
– Electrical & Engineering,
– Auto & Engineering,
– Building Construction & Furniture/Cabinet Making
Students gain two Certificate II qualifications based on their chosen specialisation. This provides students with exposure to a broad range of skills to enable an informed decision regarding their preferred industry specialisation.
– Certificate II in Automotive Vocational Preparation
– Certificate II in Building and Construction Pre-apprenticeship
– Certificate II in Electrotechnology (Pre-vocational)
– Certificate II in Engineering Studies
– Certificate II in Furniture Making Pathways
– Certificate II in Plumbing (Pre-apprenticeship)