Student Support

NCAT Youth Worker
The college employs a full time Youth Worker to support students and their families
The Student Support Officer can assist students and their families who may be going through difficult, challenging or critical events by offering:
-       General counselling
-       General academic support
-       Referrals to external support agencies, including but not limited to, Headspace centres, specialist counselling services, general practitioners
-       Referral to the DEECD psychologist for assessment and short term counselling available on-campus
-       Assistance with Centrelink and other Government agencies
Leanne Peros is a trained Youth Worker and brings a wealth of experience and skill to the role; she also has an extensive network of services to which she can refer students or their families. Leanne has networks within the Darebin, Banyule, Whittlesea, Hume and Nillumbik areas to offer localised support for students and their families/carers.

DOWNLOAD PDF of Support Services in Melbourne

NCAT Student Leadership
The Student Support Officer assists in the running of class and college-wide activities to enhance student wellbeing and student leadership.
NCAT student leaders have actively participated in:
-       The Victorian Student Representative Council’s (SRC) Regional Conferences
-       The Halogen Foundation’s Leadership Conference
-       Darebin Youth Summit.
Currently, NCAT has a representative on the Victorian SRC executive committee, which is made up of student leaders from across Victoria. Please do not hesitate to contact Leanne or Nadia Tomarchio if you are interested in student leadership program.

Safe Schools Coalition Victoria
NCAT is proud to be a coalition member of the Safe Schools Coalition Victoria. We are committed to supporting sexual and gender diversity, including tackling homophobic and transphobic discrimination and supporting same sex attracted and gender questioning students.
Students can approach Leanne directly in her office and both students and parents can make an appointment to see her.
Parents and students have the option of not using the Student Support Officer’s services in which case we would ask that they contact the Assistant Principal regarding alternatives.
Should parents/students have any queries or concerns regarding the services provided by the Student Support Officer, they should contact the Assistant Principal.

For immediate assistance please contact:
Kids Helpline: 1800 55 1800 
Lifeline: 13 11 14
Parentline: 13 22 89 

DOWNLOAD PDF of Support Services in Melbourne